Sunday, August 21, 2011

Toasted coconut and pineapple cake



I went out to grab dinner a couple nights ago and saw a really yummy looking coconut cake. Of course the single slice of the cake was $5 so my immediate reaction was "I can make that!"

I baked the bottom layer of this cake over pineapple chunks and frosted it in butter cream encrusted in toasted coconut flakes. I haven't actually tasted it and don't plan to. It's being gifted so I'll keep my fingers crossed that I'm right when I think you can't go wrong with coconut and pineapple!

Something shameful that I'll point out right now in this photo, I don't own a cake plate. That IS a wine glass that I've precariously balanced my precious cake on top of. That's probably something I should work on if I'm going to take this hobby seriously.

Tutorial to follow!

No comments:

Post a Comment