Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Hydrangea Cake


From the first moment I saw the tutorial for the Hydrangea cake done by Amanda at Iambaker I knew I HAD to try this. I gathered all of the items I'd need and kept the thought in the back of my mind. Because I am insane, this last weekend I decided to try two cakes, the toasted coconut pineapple cake and this beautiful cake. She's by far more talented than I am, but I was overall pleased with how my own cake turned out.




I will not lie. I had a tough time getting the hang of the flower petals from the start. By the end of the first color I had a semi decent technique going. I've never used this tip and I've never made anything aside from flat flowers on a cake.

The texture and colors are highly appealing and I cannot believe how easy it really was; Pretty sure I iced the entire cake in about 20 minutes tops including my initial struggle with the petals.



If you'd like to try this out for yourself Amanda has a great tutorial here. She's truly an amazing artist and I plan to try out many MANY more of her ideas. Take the time to check out some of her interior designs on cakes! Who thinks of that?! She does!


No comments:

Post a Comment