Saturday, January 21, 2012

Simple Pin Cushion



I have been trying to come up with a good useful pincushion idea. I like the idea of making something that attaches to my machine and will likely try that later, but for now I really like the simplicity that is a mason jar, some cloth, and a little Polyfill.

Not only do I have a nice place to store my pins, I also have a handy place to keep my loose buttons.


Instructions:
Cut 2 cardstock circles using the lid ring as a guide.
Place polyfill in the center of the cloth and place the cardstock circle on top of the fill.
Use hot glue to secure your fabric to the cardstock gathering cloth from alternating sides a bit at a time.
It is easier to gather your edges if you cut the excess fabric off of the sections you've already glued.
Once all edges are glued you can glue the second cardstock circle onto the bottom of your pin cushion giving it a finished flat edge.
You may not be able to fit the original metal seal lid on the jar in a manner that allows you to screw the top onto the jar. That's ok, you can leave it off as I did!

Voila~ cute efficient pin cushion jar.

No comments:

Post a Comment