Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Frosting cupcakes

I typically just use the standard tips to decorate cupcakes, but decided to splurge and get some of the extra large tips.


Here are 3 of the tips that I bought along with one of the standard tips for comparison (I thought I'd try a little bit of artsy staged photography):


(Wilton 195, Bakery Crafts 9P, Bakery Crafts 9FT, Bakery Crafts 9CS)


I didn't put a lot of effort into frosting these cupcakes as I was just going to wipe them off to re-frost for another purpose, but I wanted to try them out:



The Bakery Craft 9CS tip is likely to be my new go to cupcake frosting tip. I love it!

4 comments:

  1. Hi! I just came across this post and I too just ordered the 9CS, 9ST, 9PT and 9FT. I am so excited to get these in the mail, I have a quick question for you. Did you use a coupler with these tips and if so which one!? I am wondering if these tips will be too big and if I shouldn't buy one. Thank you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't use a coupler with them and it worked perfectly. As long as the opening in your piping bag is not too large it should work just fine.

      Delete
  2. Hi! I live in CT and have been borrowing a friends tips (the ones you mention in your blog). She doesn't remember where she got them and I can't find them anywhere in local baking stores. I looked on bakery crafts but it appears you need to be a wholesaler in order to order. I'm not. :(. Is there a place that you know of that would carry them that I can order from online or at a store? Thanks for your help!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe I got my tips from The Cupcake Social. You might try looking here: http://www.thecupcakesocial.com/shop/category/frosting-tips-2/

      Delete