Sunday, March 24, 2013

Bedroom Makeover

On a whim I decided to do a makeover for the bedroom this weekend. There needed to be plenty of room for the new Ikea closet and I got a little carried away.


Before:

It actually came about so quickly that I didn't even think to take pictures of how I had the room set up before, but this shows the coloring of the room. Curtains were brown and a bright golden color. I had a tuscan painting with golds and reds and my bedding was brown, gold, and red.


During:

You can see the comparison of colors.


After:

New cabinet is in place! Nice and shiny. That couch has got to go. It will be replaced with a black or white leather sofa. Mo sleeps on it so white is probably the better choice considering his massive shedding problem. 





Lil Schu is really tired of being in the bedroom for the day.



This little alcove above the fireplace is wired for cable and all, but my tv doesn't fit. I have no idea what to do with this space.



It will be a very long time before I paint a room again. I first painted the walls and prayed that my tan ceiling would look ok with the gray paint. No go. I HATE painting ceilings. After all the trouble to make that room unique my beige walls are looking really good throughout the rest of the house.

No comments:

Post a Comment